Large Industrial Plant Brings Work and Safety Permitting into the Digital Age
A large industrial plant is struggling to maintain and track all the paperwork associated with their various safety and work permits required to operate their manufacturing plants. They experience inconsistencies with forms being filled out accurately or at all. There are no detailed written records that identify type of work, potential hazards, approvals to commence work. and all required precautions are taken before work is started. For example, if an electrician forgets or does not correctly fill out a permit in advance of the work being done, they put themselves and the company at risk should an undocumented hazard cause an accident or injury. Ultimately, they need to ensure optimal safety, compliance. and operational performance standards and have a complete Safe System of Work.
Mobile application: FieldFLEX Inspections
FieldFLEX installed and configured their inspection app to improve oversight and to help ensure optimal safety for everyone.
- When approved person arrives on site and taps “start job” they must fill in relevant permits before starting job.
- Permit form includes required fields for issue, receipt, handover, clearance (with digital signature) and cancellation. If they cannot fill in the required form at the time, option to save for later.
- Time stamp and duration included on form to indicate validity of permit
- Ability to assign permit, and ensure permit cannot be self-assigned unless permissions are enabled from approved person.
- Paperwork 100% eliminated and replaced with digital system.
- Permits all tracked and maintained within system of record.
- Permits easy and quick to fill out. Ensures compliance that form is filled out with all required fields.
FieldFLEX Enterprise Mobile Platform tightly integrates with IBM Maximo and TRIRIGA platforms and has all the field service capabilities available to help you maintain and inspect your assets and facilities.