DYNAMICALLY ASSIGNING TASKS IN VARIABLE AND MOVING LOCATIONS
Running safe and efficient maintenance operations in the Transportation Sector can pose significant challenges for operators when the location and nature of work are unpredictable
A large metropolitan train network with over 200 train stations and 500 passenger carriages was facing challenges ensuring the upkeep of train platforms and carriages due to the fluid nature of the transportation system. Peak and unanticipated network demand meant that pre-scheduled maintenance and cleaning services could not adapt to the needs of the transportation service. Assigning personnel to fixed locations or train routes was leaving assets and locations vulnerable.
FieldFLEX implemented Dynamic Work Assignment that assigns tasks to the nearest available personnel, ensuring the train cars and platforms remained in peak operating condition.
- Scheduling tool implemented and FFX deployed the work management app to mobile techs.
- Bluetooth LE beacons installed at train platforms and in train carriages to automatically signal a location or asset. As personnel arrive at train station their FieldFLEX device listens for the beacon signal and communicates with enterprise system to automatically retrieve pending tasks based on the technician’s location or proximity to an asset, their qualifications and availability.
- FFX listens for a beacon signal as the tech entered train – start timer upon entry and stop timer when they exited.
- Arrival at next station automatically synch completed tasks and dispatch new ones.
- Fully automated timekeeping and task synchronization – guaranteeing completion.
- Operator met and exceeded safety and cleanliness service levels.
- Auditable work records (location, date/time)
- Improved mobile performance, download only what is needed
- Optimized work routes, reduced travel, just-in-time work assignment