University reduces term start-up delays
University with multi-campus distribution across metro area, approximately 1,100 square miles. 25,000 full-time and 15,000 part-time students with 3 terms per year and 3 week hiatus between terms.
The university was not able to proceed with 20% of classes on the first day of each term due to various issues including
- Missing furniture
- Broken lighting
- Missing or broken A/V and computer equipment
- Physical damage to rooms
- Unkempt rooms
This was a result of less than 25% of the instructional space was being inspected prior to term starting.
They survey and inspect the space prior to start of term and report any deficiencies to Facilities, IT or A/V Services at least 2 weeks prior to term start.
Using the FieldFLEX mobile inspections app, classroom services personnel would be able to
- Perform baseline instructional space survey/inventory on mobile devices
- Inspections would be performed on all space 2 weeks prior to term start
- Maintenance, IT and AV services would automatically be notified of any and all deficiencies
- Have enough time to make all necessary repairs and/or replacements.
The University was able to achieve 100% on-time start with
- Only minor issues that didn’t prevent classes from starting
- Positive shift from reactive to scheduled maintenance
- Added benefit of inventory data
- 20% savings realized in new furniture and equipment spend using surplus first