University reduces term start-up delays
University with multi-campus distribution across metro area, approximately 1,100 square miles. 25,000 full-time and 15,000 part-time students with 3 terms per year and 3 week hiatus between terms.
The university was not able to proceed with 20% of classes on the first day of each term due to various issues including
- Missing furniture
- Broken lighting
- Missing or broken A/V and computer equipment
- Physical damage to rooms
- Unkempt rooms
This was a result of less than 25% of the instructional space was being inspected prior to term starting.
They survey and inspect the space prior to start of term and report any deficiencies to Facilities, IT or A/V Services at least 2 weeks prior to term start.
Using the FieldFLEX mobile inspections app, classroom services personnel would be able to
- Perform baseline instructional space survey/inventory on mobile devices
- Inspections would be performed on all space 2 weeks prior to term start
- Maintenance, IT and AV services would automatically be notified of any and all deficiencies
- Have enough time to make all necessary repairs and/or replacements.
The University was able to achieve 100% on-time start with
- Only minor issues that didn’t prevent classes from starting
- Positive shift from reactive to scheduled maintenance
- Added benefit of inventory data
- 20% savings realized in new furniture and equipment spend using surplus first
FieldFLEX Enterprise Mobile Platform tightly integrates with IBM Maximo and TRIRIGA platforms and has all the field service capabilities available to help you maintain and inspect your assets and facilities.