RETAILER FINDS COST SAVINGS IN EVERY LOCATION
A retailer with over 2500 sites. 185 average trackable equipment and fixture units per site, 200 average trackable signage units per site, and 2 rebranding/merchandise reconfiguration projects per year per store.
The company was looking at three main issues with regards to store signage, fixture and equipment.
- There was no accurate inventory or tracking.
- There was inconsistent reporting of conditions by store operators.
- Up to 35% of material produced for each rebranding or reconfiguration project was not required.
- It was essential to start with collecting data and information from each retail site.
- Store planners were to conduct initial inventory of all signage, store fixtures and equipment using tablets, complete with contextual photographs and condition rankings.
- Once the inventory was completed, all repairs and replacements to signage in particular could be completed, ensuring a consistent and quality brand look at all sites.
- This would be maintained by the store operators who would be responsible for on-going reporting of needed repairs and replacements.
- The inventory results were also used by the store planners to build ‘appropriate’ project packages for different locations depending on what was actually needed instead of assuming every site needed all new material.
The company realized a significant 40% reduction in signage costs
- As well as a reduction in fixture and equipment costs.
- Inventory data that is easy to maintain and analyze
- Additional benefit of consistent, quality brand signage at all sites