Municipality Goes Mobile and Produces Results
Municipality with over 5.5 million sq.ft. of maintainable space, 3000 properties, 600 buildings spread out geographically over 530 square miles. Maintenance workforce is all mobile and process over 30,000 work requests annually.
Like many large organizations that service a large area, the municipality was faced with
- a lack of timely maintenance data
- making it difficult for future repair and maintenance operations decisions.
- Internal studies revealed opportunities to
- reduce data errors
- improve close rate on tickets
- increase overall staff productivity
The close-out rate on maintenance service tickets was less than 50% and 45% of those required further data updates or verifications. The service tickets were also being printed by dispatch personnel or supervisors and then picked up by the field technicians at a central location.
Integrating mobile technology to create a seamless flow of data, information and communication between dispatchers/supervisors and the field technicians was proposed. Previously service requests would start with corporate IWMS, be processed and dispatched to maintenance supervisors who would assign to field technicians, who would manually update the work ticket, return it to dispatch which would then update the IWMS.
Implementing FieldFLEX mobile apps with corporate IWMS meant that
- all work tasks would be dispatched directly to field technicians on mobile
- Service tickets would be updated with hours, status and resources directly from the field in real time.
- Service tickets would also be closed in the field and then reviewed by dispatch.
There was significant improvement in
- Data timelines and data quality
- A 30% reduction in transcription and recording errors
- A substantial increase in the ticket close rate
- Improving from <50% to an impressive 90%
- Total ticket lifecycle was reduced by 40%
- Increase in personal productivity with an average of 2 extra service tickets completed per day
FieldFLEX Enterprise Mobile Platform tightly integrates with IBM Maximo and TRIRIGA platforms and has all the field service capabilities available to help you maintain and inspect your assets and facilities.