Federal Government unit reduces legal risk
Large government R/E portfolio with some premises dating pre-19th century. Asbestos and other contaminants are prevalent in the older buildings. There is an abatement/remediation program ongoing as well as a hazardous material register in place.
The government unit responsible for dealing with hazardous materials in the portfolio was tackling three main issues
- there were lengthy delays researching hazard types and locations as the process is separate from maintenance,
- there was no way to enforce/check that workers had reviewed the registry prior to working in a location, and
- the hazardous materials handling documents were bulky and a burden to carry
- workers needed an easier way to check the hazardous materials registry for contaminants before starting on any work
- government needed critical data captured to be compliant.
Integrating the hazardous materials registry with the maintenance system and the FieldFLEX mobile maintenance app was necessary
- to streamline the process so facility workers would have hazardous materials registry within mobile work ticket
- automatically record date & time when technician opened hazardous materials records
- to view procedures which captured required data and information for compliance
The government unit reduced
- its’ exposure claims
- reduced legal risk by enforcing procedure and policy compliance
- access to accurate information through mobile technology
The process was now
- educed time and consumables
- capturing critical data.
- created data and records in the field that provided compliance with national standards for working with hazardous materials.
FieldFLEX Enterprise Mobile Platform tightly integrates with IBM Maximo and TRIRIGA platforms and has all the field service capabilities available to help you maintain and inspect your assets and facilities.